General Accountant (Manila)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
has an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Accountant to join our growing team! The ideal applicant shall assist the Finance and Accounting Manager to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, tax reports and proper maintenance of Financial records.
Working for Archax as they experience continued growth you will have a unique opportunity to enhance and develop your career working with like-minded and skilled colleagues who are as passionate about providing best in class expertise as you are.
What's in it for you?
- Highly competitive (above industry) salary
- Health insurance (includes cover for you and 2 family members)
- Employee life insurance
- Additional leave
- Mandatory Government benefits (SSS, PhilHealth, Pag-IBIG)
- Temporary work from home due to Covid
- Opportunity to build and grow the technology that will lead the evolution in digital asset trading
- Opportunity to enhance and develop your career and portfolio through working on high-profile projects
- Opportunity to work with skilled multicultural talents passionate about providing best in class expertise
- Encouraged and supported in developing crypto knowledge
- Responsible for accounting related duties and to ensure proper recording and updating of the electronic Books of Accounts for quick and efficient reconciliation. He/ She will directly report to the Finance Manager in the Philippines;
- Responsible in updating the Manual Books of Accounts (Cash Disbursement Journal, Cash Receipt Journal, General Journal, & General Ledger) of the company in compliance with BIR requirements;
- Encodes Official Receipts with proper classification based on the attached corresponding Invoices compliant to BIR substantiation requirement in the accounting system ;
- Prepares Liquidation Report on Petty Cash Fund and other advances;
- Prepares summary of monthly/quarterly withholding taxes and VAT due every 10th and 20th of the following month;
- Scan related documents for archiving such as invoices, official/collection receipts, signed quotation / PO (Purchase Order) / SOW (Scope of Works) of suppliers and subcontractors;
- Archive invoices, receipts, bank statements and other relevant accounting information online;
- Prepare monthly reports (i.e. Depreciation, Prepayments, Accruals, Deposits Summary);
- Handles the compilation of monthly transactions (Binder File) ; and
- Other finance and admin ad hoc tasks that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Knowledge and Experienced Required:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's / College Degree in Finance/ Accountancy/ Banking or equivalent; CPA;
- Experience in general accounting, bookkeeping, tax compliance and preparation of Financial Statements. Xero experience is a plus;
- Knowledge in Tax Return Preparation and Filing in eFPS, and use of BIR applications such as eBIR, RELIEF, Alphalist Data Entry, Validation and eSubmission;
- Strong analytical skills, self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision;
- At least 2 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position;
- Preferably 2-5 years experienced employee specialized in Finance - General/Cost Accounting, Taxation or equivalent.
- Desirable: Has previously worked in a start-up/scaling business.
Archax is an equal opportunities employer and places a high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on any attribute.
Testing: When applying for this role please ensure the below tests are taken before submitting any application.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying
See more open positions at Archax
Something looks off?