Submit Your Application\n
- You have errors in applying \n \n
Senior Systems Engineer
Archax is an FCA-regulated exchange, broker and custodian for digital assets, targeted at professional and institutional clients. Our services cover all types of digital assets – from cryptocurrencies to NFTs to digital securities – as well as traditional financial instruments too. Our vision is to develop a truly digital capital markets ecosystem that bridges traditional and crypto markets, leveraging tokenisation and blockchain/DLT/Web3.0 technologies.
*** This is an office based role, you must be able to commute to and work in the City of London as a norm***
Archax has reached a growth point in its development and an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join the team. They will bring many years of experience supporting a wide variety of systems and technologies preferably from a capital markets environment. The successful applicant will also have worked in an environment where internal developers have built internal capital markets/trading software.
They will provide a senior technology support function and ongoing project-based engineering work across the technology estate, including desktops, severs, networking, public cloud and applications, both off the shelf and bespoke. The team is growing but currently consists of 3 FTE, this is expected to grow over the next 12 months.
Applicants will have a strong engineering background, be ambitious, bright, motivated and have substantial experience in a highly technical role. They will also be comfortable gaining and maintain professional qualifications.
Archax is a highly regulated fintech scale-up so experience of working in a rapidly evolving fluid company is vital. The successful applicant must have experience in a firm that has delivered product to external customers.
- Significant 7 years + experience as a Technical Support Engineer/Application Support Analyst
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Networking knowledge to CCNA level
- General system administration skills – desktops, AV, monitoring tools, PBXs, etc
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Hands on experience with setup, management and troubleshooting of VMware (ESXi 7.x)
- Understanding and experience with the administration of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases (RDS)
- Ability to automate tasks through POWERSHELL/BASH scripting
- Hands on experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with Hybrid Active-Directory Domains
- Experience in setup and management of Intune as well as other MDM solutions.
- Atlassian Cloud hands on experience (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Understanding of basic developer concepts/processes (Branching, Commits, Merges, PRs)
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and tooling (Jenkins, Proget etc)
- Provision of technical mentoring of junior staff as required
Other required Skillsets/Traits:
- Ability and willingness to take ownership, responsibility and accountability of projects
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including problem solving and solution-orientated thinking
- Able to use initiative, work unsupervised and comfortable taking responsibility
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business
- Degree or relevant industry qualifications
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Comprehensive private healthcare scheme
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day each year (up to 30 days)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- The chance to be part of an entrepreneurial, exciting, fast-growing, and future thinking company
- Opportunities to attend events and represent Archax and its’ vision
- Encouragement and support in your personal career development and industry knowledge
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying