Compliance Manager - Netherlands
Archax is an FCA-regulated exchange, broker and custodian for digital assets, targeted at professional and institutional clients. Our services cover all types of digital assets – from cryptocurrencies to NFTs to digital securities – as well as traditional financial instruments too. Our vision is to develop a truly digital capital markets ecosystem that bridges traditional and crypto markets, leveraging tokenisation and blockchain/DLT/Web3.0 technologies.
Compliance Manager – Reporting to the Head of Europe
Archax is seeking to be a global firm and is expanding into Europe. This role is the Compliance Manager, a policy/decision maker for Archax Europe BV (Archax EU). You will be responsible for overseeing compliance for Archax EU including ensuring compliance with AFM, DNB, MiCA and DORA requirements, managing the submitted AFM and DNB applications and be a member of the Archax EU Board. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing support to the wider Archax Group on a number of projects and initiatives from a regulatory compliance perspective.
Initially, your involvement will be helping the team in London apply for regulatory permissions whilst helping to develop and extend European relationships. During the application process, you will be the main contact to manage the applications and assist with the set up and implementation of the Archax EU business.
You will be able to manage all aspects of NL regulation (both MiFID and Crypto). Until such time as the business starts to generate revenue, the expectation is that you will perform several duties, developing the systems, controls and processes in advance of a team expansion.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude with an ability to question why things exist the way they do and suggest improvements which could disrupt the world. Ideally, the candidate will have a keen interest in crypto, blockchain and distributed ledger technology and its potential to change the world as the person will be responsible for considering all pending regulation and impacts caused by the development of such technology. Finally, the candidate must have experience in both MiFID and cryptoasset products, which may have been gathered in a compliance function or wider, operational functions, such as sales.
- Oversees compliance for Archax EU to ensure that financial and operational procedures and personal conduct within their organization comply with all relevant and applicable laws, regulations, and contractual agreements in a manner that supports the business and its operational areas.
- Ensure Archax EU understands and adheres to its AML/KYC and Financial Crime responsibilities.
- Oversee and manage the Archax EU Compliance function.
- Develop and implement compliance policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Conduct regular compliance risk assessments and audits.
- Collaborate with other departments in the Group to address compliance issues.
- Regularly report on the status of the compliance program to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Manage and execute policies and procedures which govern an organisations compliance program.
- Monitor and test policies and procedures to ensure they can result in compliance.
- Oversee compliance reviews to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Imbed Compliance Monitoring Programme and Compliance Function and Managing the identification and assessment of Archax EU risks.
- Liaise with legal and regulatory bodies on compliance-related issues.
- Ensure that the organization complies with existing and developing regulations.
- Responsible for establishing and setting the tone of compliance in Archax EU and throughout the organisation.
- Recommend the initiation of investigative procedures in response to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct.
- Govern the responsibility to report misconduct and noncompliance, the path for reporting, and protection from retaliation.
- Carry out periodic evaluation of the compliance Programs and make appropriate changes and improvements.
- Internal Staff Compliance incl. staff training, personal account dealing etc.
- Oversee the monitoring of outsourced functions through desk based monitoring and on-site visits.
- Feed directly into Groupwide governance controls, including providing steer on issues concerning culture, propriety, and ethics.
Other required Skillsets/Traits:
- Ability and willingness to take ownership, responsibility and accountability of projects
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including problem solving and solution-orientated thinking
- Able to use initiative, work unsupervised and comfortable taking responsibility
- Energetic personality with the drive to effect change and develop relationships across all levels of the business
- Degree or relevant industry qualifications
Archax is an equal opportunities employer and places a high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on any attribute.
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying