Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Blockdaemon is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team. The Senior SDET will design and develop testing procedures and frameworks to help automate our software development process. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with the engineering teams, analyzing the requirements and functionality of applications, and designing automated tests to validate processes and performance. This role requires creating test automation frameworks from scratch.
- Design and develop automated tests to validate backend and frontend applications
- Design and develop test automation frameworks from scratch
- Building and maintaining test suite pipelines in a CI/CD environment
- Work on continuous improvement of testing approach
- Implement test scenario enhancements for already existing frameworks
- Analyze systems to identify potential quality issues that could affect apps
- Partner with the engineering team to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable test automation solutions
- Plan, execute and manage the automated testing effort for a variety of projects across multiple lines of business and technology platforms
- Perform maintenance/upkeep of existing frameworks
- Log, manage, and retest defects in bug tracking system
- Mentor other QA team members on testing best approach and practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of experience working in a QA or Engineering role
- 3+ years of creating automation frameworks for multiple projects
- Load testing experience with tools like k6 (preferred), Locust, JMeter, or Gatling
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
- Strong experience working on multiple assignments at once, while maintaining project deadlines
- Experience in architecting, developing, planning and building testing framework
- Demonstrated experience creating automation frameworks for backend is required
- Experience in working with code repositories is required (Git ideally)
- Must possess excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with engineers, project managers, and leadership
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and can pivot from projects as needed
- General knowledge of Linux and MacOS
- Knowledge of the current crypto and/or blockchain landscape
- Experience with using and testing Crypto wallets
- Knowledge on using supported protocol access e.g. REST, RPC, Websocket, gRPC
- Knowledge of shell scripting
US salary range: $100,000 - $160,000
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon's mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry. We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that “life happens” and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Blockdaemon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?