Blockchain Venture Investor
At CoinFund, we marry the power of capital with the inventiveness and grit of the world’s most innovative founders. Since 2015, we’ve partnered with the most promising creators behind blockchain, web3, and decentralization technologies that are shaping the future of the internet itself. Through our seed, venture and liquid strategies, we are a cryptonative firm that invests in trends early. Today, CoinFund has a portfolio of over 120 companies, protocols, and projects across the blockchain space – and we think we’re just getting started.
At CoinFund, we are as diligent and thoughtful with our hiring process as we are with our investment practice. We look for candidates who are invested in the long-game of crypto and can’t imagine a better industry in which to spend the next several years of their career. Additionally, we align with individuals who are mission-driven – those who abandon ego and act in service of our investors, our portfolio company founders, and, ultimately, the crypto end-user. Finally, we optimize for those with a healthy risk appetite. We are excited by talent who can thrive in ambiguity and embrace both the vicissitudes and the promise of this breakthrough industry.
Learn more about our amazing team, the incredible portfolio companies we’re supporting, and the community we’re building!
The Role: Blockchain Venture Investor
CoinFund is seeking a passionate, blockchain-obsessed venture investor to join our team. We seek ultra-talented, highly visible individuals comfortable with non-consensus thinking who will further enhance CoinFund’s strong investing reputation, engage communities, present on social media, and pride themselves on their motivation to succeed. In this role, the investor will identify and present to CoinFund’s investment committee the most important Series A through D opportunities in the space. The perks of working at CoinFund include our flexible mandate of investing across numerous verticals and stages, and the camaraderie of working alongside experienced, passionate blockchain professionals focused on providing dedicated mentorship, respectful feedback, career advancement, and competitive compensation in a highly diverse and multidisciplinary environment.
- Survey entire crypto and blockchain technology ecosystem and pursue the highest-quality investment opportunities
- Achieve round-leading investments in the most important crypto companies across Series A through D stages
- Build an active portfolio of extraordinary investments
- Expand CoinFund’s (and your) reputation as one of the highest-quality investors in crypto
- Work closely with CEOs and management teams to provide differentiating insight and deliver resources in order to build out market-leading companies
- Serve on boards of portfolio companies
- Excellent communicator, crypto thought leader, prolific social media presence
- Demonstrated track record of leading successful venture investments
- Demonstrated history of winning competitive investment processes
- Understanding of the concepts of blockchain technology, blockchains, cryptocurrency, NFTs, DeFi, decentralized networks, wallets, and other related concepts; a Computer Science background, or technical understanding of the space, is a plus
- Strong relationships with CEOs and company leaders who can attest to the candidate’s ability to add value and increase likelihood of company successes
- Ability to think independently with courage and conviction to recommend and pursue non-consensus investments
- Comfort with venture risk
- Extremely determined to succeed, prefer to play offense, like to win
- Deep personal excitement and commitment to the cryptocurrency industry as demonstrated by personal investing experience or similar activity
How to Apply
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and self-introduction; feel free to include any additional information that will help us learn more about you and your candidacy!
Why Work at CoinFund?
We are confident that a career at CoinFund is a successful investment in your career and your development.
The many perks of joining our team include:
- Competitive salary
- Investment in our hedgefund and portfolio companies
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive, top-tier health plans
- Offices in NYC and Miami (should you wish to work in person!) with snacks
- Direct line of access to Managing Partners and senior leadership
- A flat organizational structure, flexible mandate of investing across asset classes and stages,and the camaraderie of working alongside committed professionals focused on providing dedicated mentorship, respectful feedback, and career advancement
Equal Opportunity is the law, and at CoinFund, we are ardently committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let us know.