Head of Investor Relations
At CoinFund, we marry the power of capital with the inventiveness and grit of the world’s most innovative founders. Since 2015, we’ve partnered with the most promising creators behind blockchain, web3, and decentralization technologies that are shaping the future of the internet itself. Through our seed, venture and liquid strategies, we are a cryptonative firm that invests in trends early. Today, CoinFund has a portfolio of over 120 companies, protocols, and projects across the blockchain space – and we think we’re just getting started.
At CoinFund, we are as diligent and thoughtful with our hiring process as we are with our investment practice. We look for candidates who are invested in the long-game of crypto and can’t imagine a better industry in which to spend the next several years of their career. Additionally, we align with individuals who are mission-driven – those who abandon ego and act in service of our investors, our portfolio company founders, and, ultimately, the crypto end-user. Finally, we optimize for those with a healthy risk appetite. We are excited by talent who can thrive in ambiguity and embrace both the vicissitudes and the promise of this breakthrough industry.
The Role: Head of Investor Relations
CoinFund is seeking a passionate, blockchain-obsessed Head of Investor Relations to join our team. In this capacity, we seek a proven leader who can leverage their deep experience to build a highly-efficient and top performing investor relations (IR) function for the firm.
The firm executes multiple investment strategies across three stages of the investment cycle: seed stage, early venture stage, and public crypto token investing. The IR function serves to (a) assist the investors in raising capital for both closed-end venture funds and subscription hedge funds and (b) manage deep and productive relationships with hundreds of LPs, delivering timely communications and reporting.
The perks of working at CoinFund include our flexible mandate of investing across numerous verticals and stages, and the camaraderie of working alongside experienced, passionate blockchain professionals focused on providing dedicated mentorship, respectful feedback, career advancement, and competitive compensation in a highly diverse and multidisciplinary environment.
- Partner closely with the investors to execute a comprehensive and scalable strategy for investor relations that includes team structure, effective fundraising plans, and relentless focus on measures of effectiveness
- Build and oversee a diverse and highly-functional Investor Relations and Investor Services team
- Work closely with Managing Partners, investors, and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to identify market differentiators, organize, coordinate, and measure fundraising efforts
- Assist in managing critical Limited Partner relationships
- Plan, coordinate, and host Investor Days, Annual Meetings, and other investor-focused events and programming
- Work closely with investors and the CMO to plan and execute a conference strategy that is driven by data and return on investment expectations
- Supervise and provide key guidance and insight on all marketing materials, including but not limited to RFP's/DDQ's, pitchbooks, investor communications and fund presentation materials
- Build a highly skilled investor services team that can respond to investor inquiries in a timely, capable manner
- Support the firm’s fundraising activity by researching prospects, and proactively communicating with existing and potential LPs
- Ensure the firm has leading CRM capabilities for effective reporting and tracking
- 8+ years of experience raising capital for both closed-end venture funds and subscription hedge funds
- Passion for blockchain technology and the cryptocurrency industry; working knowledge of web3 protocols and ecosystem
- Experience building and managing a best-in-class investor services team that delivers timely and accurate reporting and communications to all LPs
- Deep, differentiating relationships across global institutional investors, endowments, foundations, consultants, family offices and high net worth individuals
- Proven experience in building and leading highly-performant, diverse teams
- Strong understanding of venture capital and hedge fund fundraising, particularly across traditional finance and the web3 space
- Proven ability to successfully network and originate new investors for CoinFund funds
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate a “can-do” attitude with a distinct willingness to roll-up sleeves
- Deep CRM experience with additoinal performance analysis data expertise
- Proven self-starter and ability to keep pace in a high intensity, dynamic, and rapidly evolving industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and self-introduction; feel free to include any additional information that will help us learn more about you and your candidacy!
Why Work at CoinFund?
We are confident that a career at CoinFund is a successful investment in your career and your development.
The many perks of joining our team include:
- Competitive salary
- Investment in our hedgefund and portfolio companies
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive, top-tier health plans
- Offices in NYC and Miami (should you wish to work in person!) with snacks
- Direct line of access to Managing Partners and senior leadership
- A flat organizational structure, flexible mandate of investing across asset classes and stages,and the camaraderie of working alongside committed professionals focused on providing dedicated mentorship, respectful feedback, and career advancement
Equal Opportunity is the law, and at CoinFund, we are ardently committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let us know.