Blockchain Liquid Analyst
At CoinFund, we marry the power of capital with the inventiveness and grit of the world’s most innovative founders. Since 2015, we’ve partnered with the most promising creators behind blockchain, web3, and decentralization technologies that are shaping the future of the internet itself. Through our seed, venture and liquid strategies, we are a cryptonative firm that invests in trends early. Today, CoinFund has a portfolio of over 120 companies, protocols, and projects across the blockchain space – and we think we’re just getting started.
At CoinFund, we are as diligent and thoughtful with our hiring process as we are with our investment practice. We look for candidates who are invested in the long-game of crypto and can’t imagine a better industry in which to spend the next several years of their career. Additionally, we align with individuals who are mission-driven – those who abandon ego and act in service of our investors, our portfolio company founders, and, ultimately, the crypto end-user. Finally, we optimize for those with a healthy risk appetite. We are excited by talent who can thrive in ambiguity and embrace both the vicissitudes and the promise of this breakthrough industry.
Learn more about our amazing team, the incredible portfolio companies we’re supporting, and the community we’re building!
The Role: Senior Liquid Analyst
Our crypto hedge fund is seeking a skilled and experienced Crypto Liquid Analyst to join our team. The primary responsibility of the Crypto Liquid Analyst will be to provide research, analysis, and recommendations on liquid cryptocurrencies and digital assets. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting thorough due diligence, analyzing market trends and events, and assessing the potential risks and returns of potential investments. In this role, you’ll help uplevel our entire investment portfolio and strategy through your thoughtful analysis and recommendations.
- Conduct in-depth analysis and research on potential liquid cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
- Present verbal and written investment recommendations to investment committee
- Evaluate market trends and events, blockchain developments, and regulatory changes to inform investment decisions.
- Build financial models and projections to forecast potential risks and returns of potential investments.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers and other investment professionals to determine appropriate investment strategies.
- Monitor and report on the performance of current liquid investments, making recommendations for adjustments as necessary.
- Conduct regular due diligence on potential and current investments, including reviewing blockchain data, market data, and news sources.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the cryptocurrency and digital asset markets, regulatory environment, and industry trends related to liquid investments.
- Cultivate and deepen relationships with protocol teams and peer investors to improve information-gathering coverage ability to better inform investment decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, computer science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in investment analysis, specifically in cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with experience building financial models and analyzing data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with a team of investment professionals.
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency and digital asset markets, including blockchain technology and related investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in identifying and analyzing potential investment opportunities.
- Some experience with investment software and tools such as Dune Analytics, Token Terminal, Nansen, L2Beat, Artemis.xyz and DeFiLlama.
- Candidate should include an investment memo with their application detailing a liquid token recommendation to demonstrate their written and analytical skill set, and their crypto market knowledge
How to Apply
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and self-introduction; feel free to include any additional information that will help us learn more about you and your candidacy!
Why Work at CoinFund?
We’re confident that a career at CoinFund means an investment in you and your development. The perks of joining our team include:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to participate in fund-level upside capture
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive, top-tier health plans
- Offices in NYC and Miami (should you wish to work in person!) with snacks
- Direct line of access to Managing Partners and senior leadership
- A flat organizational structure, flexible mandate of investing across asset classes and stages,and the camaraderie of working alongside committed professionals focused on providing dedicated mentorship, respectful feedback, and career advancement
Equal Opportunity is the law, and at CoinFund, we are ardently committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let us know.