Software Engineer, Smart Contracts
Edge & Node
Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. Edge & Node also launched Everest, a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space.
To grow our Smart Contracts team, we are looking for an experienced, self-driven Senior Software Engineer interested in working on the Graph Network. Designed entirely by the team, it combines several crypto-economic mechanisms such as curation with bonding curves, staking, delegation, slashing, and rewards distribution. The team is responsible for keeping the network contracts safe and pushing the tech further to advance the space.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing, coding, testing and deploying smart contracts of The Graph Network
- Reviewing code written by other team members
- Collaborating with auditors to ensure code quality standards and security
- Building back-end web services that interact with the Ethereum blockchain
- Writing scripts to automate monitoring and tracking in order to maintain the overall network health.
- Engaging our community by sharing our design decisions and document how the protocol works.
What We Expect
- Experience in creating and maintaining low-level software systems and working on a constrained development environment
- An interest in the intersection of law, economic systems and software
- Attention to detail and a security-oriented mindset
- Comfortable with a scripting language for task automation, preferably Typescript or Python
- Have a collaborative, problem-solving attitude and be willing to help other team members
- We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that is interested in building and getting deep into building blockchain applications.
- Knowledge about how a blockchain works, preferably Ethereum
- Solidity or Vyper experience
- Experience in working with external contributors and community members
- Has deployed a subgraph before or understands what a subgraph is
- Interested on Ethereum research - L2's, ETH 2, EIPS
- Experience with Ethers.js and GraphQL
About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Messari, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.