Lead AI Graphics Engineer
Genies is culture’s avatar technology company empowering developers and artists to create their own interoperable gamified consumer experiences. The company has raised $250 million from investors including Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Bob Iger. Initially, Genies were adopted by thousands of Hollywood icons including Justin Bieber and Rihanna through partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group. Today, the company is also delivering avatars to the masses through experiences built with its Developer Kit and artist crowdsourced platform, The Workshop. These experiences all integrate together to form one avatar social network, Genies Party.
Genies is seeking a highly skilled Lead AI Graphics Engineer with expertise in 3D graphics and machine learning. This role offers a unique opportunity to drive innovation at the intersection of advanced graphics and AI technologies. As a Lead AI Graphics Engineer, you will play a critical role in developing solutions that construct and manipulate 3D geometry, including avatars, wearables, and their environments, setting new standards in digital expression and identity.
Why Genies? You are curious about the future of avatar technology and empowering users to represent their digital selves. You have an underlying passion for encountering complex problems and creating smart, strategic solutions. How avatars will play in the consumer marketplace resonates with you and you see a future where our digital identities help to create a world where people can create, express and be their true authentic selves.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive the ideation and development of innovative solutions, leveraging your deep understanding of 3D graphics and machine learning
- Collaborate with technical leaders and cross-functional teams, providing expert guidance on the prototyping, building, and debugging of research-guided tools for 3D content creation
- Guide the implementation of research paper concepts, translating findings into robust and industry-leading creative technologies
- Architect and lead the development of clean, extensible software and systems, adhering to open standards and ensuring seamless portability
- Lead optimization efforts, enhancing data and algorithms for maximum efficiency in speed, memory, storage, and latency
- Utilize your domain expertise to establish best practices and performance benchmarks within the team
- Mentor team members and stay current with the latest research to advance organizational knowledge in computer graphics, machine learning and related technologies
- Cultivate and reinforce a positive team culture, fostering collaboration, innovation, and a shared commitment to excellence
What You Should Have:
- 5+ years of experience with real time 3D rendering engines (Unity) and architectures
- 4+ years of experience applying machine learning to 3D content generation, including development related to computer vision, surface reconstruction and related concepts
- Strong skills in 3D math, linear algebra, computational geometry, and numerical analysis
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and testing frameworks
- Strong programming skills, with proficiency in C++ and other languages
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs, shaders and graphics hardware acceleration
- Familiarity with 3D scene description standards (USD) and compression techniques
- Excellent teamwork skills; ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
Excellent to Have:
- Experience with AI-driven content creation (Diffusion, NeRFs, ControlNet, Gaussian Splat)
- Experience with geometric simulation and rigged character systems
- Experience working with DCCs (Blender, Maya, Houdini) in a production environment
- Experience with concurrent programming
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $176,000 to $264,000 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, monthly mental health days and paid company holidays; in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone