Sr. Data Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the data infrastructure at Messari. You will have a critical role in building a performant and scalable data warehouse from the ground floor. You will be working closely with a high caliber team of backend engineers, data engineers, and data scientists to ingest, transform, and analyze huge amount of web3/crypto data from both on-chain and off-chain sources.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, and own data models and data pipelines that power Messari’s research and products.
- Work with product, engineering, and research teams to understand their needs for analytical data.
- Build a robust data quality framework to ensure high quality of data.
- Provide technical mentorship to more junior team members.
Who you are:
- Strong data engineering background with 5+ years of professional working experience in a Data Engineering, Data Science, Analytics Engineering, or ML Engineering role.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL and relational databases, with experience in query optimization.
- Experience working with cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, Databricks.
- Experience writing production data pipelines using task orchestrators like Dagster or Airflow.
- Strong experience data modeling with DBT, and ensuring that these models are integrated into downstream products.
- Desire to work in a small, cross-functional team and up-skill other Data Scientists.
Nice to haves:
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and a basic understanding of blockchains and/or decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Experience putting advance Data Science/ML concepts into production (statistical modeling, A/B testing, recommender systems, feed ranking, user analysis, financial analysis etc).
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
- $158,000 - $186,000
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
See more open positions at Messari
Something looks off?