Technical Operations Manager, Ecosystem Development
The Ecosystem Development team at Parity focuses on supporting external development teams building solutions with and for the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem. The overall objective is to improve the two platforms, increase the engineering capabilities and accelerate their adoption.
As the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem grows, so does the responsibility of the Ecosystem Development team. We are looking for a technical operations manager to support our Ecosystem Development team as they continue to scale.
This role presents an opportunity for an individual to have end-to-end ownership over high-impact projects which serve to strengthen the Polkadot builder ecosystem. The right candidate for the role will delight in the details of project execution, is able to manage various stakeholders throughout the process of complex program design, and believes in the vision of building a freer and fairer internet. This role combines the ability to ideate around building highly strategic processes and initiatives with a long term vision of success, as well as tactical involvement in existing ecosystem initiatives. If you are passionate about business systems, automation, operational excellence & blockchain technologies this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
- Work with the Director of Operations to improve processes and productivity within the Ecosystem Development Team.
- Analyse existing processes and operating models to identify the root causes of pain points and identify improvement opportunities.
- Lead or participate in the design of technical operating models for prioritised business areas within the department or in our builder ecosystem.
- Lead and own the end to end management of cross functional and inter-departmental projects.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders (both internal and within the ecosystem) to understand strategic priorities and needs.
- Create champions for initiatives by building networks of cross-functional peers and leaders.
- Maintain quality control and consistency on processes and operating model documentation.
Qualification and Skills
- Have 5-7 years of experience, with a minimum of 2 years in technical program management. Familiarity with problem solving and designing programs for highly technical teams.
- Ability to prioritise and plan to achieve goals and to be dependable in consistently delivering reliable results within deadlines.
- Evidence of building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- An ability to work autonomously within a remote-first, decentralised environment.
- Previous professional experience in blockchain/Web3.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including narrative, visual, and data analysis using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in the English language.
Additionally, it would be an added bonus if you had:
- Past experience designing decentralised systems.
- Past experience working in fully remote & distributed environments.
- Familiarity with Asana, Notion & Hubspot.
- Familiarity with Polkadot and the Polkadot builder ecosystem.
About working for us:
- For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
Something looks off?