Manager Regional Marketing Events
Preferred location: Singapore or neighbouring time zones
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the team:
As Manager Marketing Events, you will join the Polkadot Events Team to support Parity’s mission by developing and managing our community events presence. We are a small knit team who work in a face paced environment. We are looking forward to you bringing your experience and creativity to the team to propel us on our mission of bringing Polkadot and Web3 to the masses through our events.
About the position:
Events are an important part of Polkadot’s marketing strategy to support demand generation, retention, and brand recognition. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager Marketing Events to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing a range of events within the Polkadot Ecosystem - ie. sponsorships and community-led events. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management, event coordination, budget management, and event marketing.
- Supporting Polkadot’s community and sponsorship event development and coordination:
- Planning and coordinating all aspects of an event.
- Developing event timelines and budgets, and ensure that all events are executed within budget and on time.
- Coordinating with relevant marcomms function teams on identifying strategy, topic, and goals to ensure Polkadot’s messaging and positioning are well woven into the fabric of our event experiences and drive attendance.
- Working closely with various stakeholders to ensure successful event execution.
- Oversee event logistics and other event-related services.
- Provide on-site event management and support, including supervision of event vendors.
- Conduct post-event evaluations and provide recommendations for future events.
- Reporting to and supporting the Community Events Strategist in liaising with the broader ecosystem such as developers, parachains, marketing partners and conference organisers.
- 5+ years of event marketing experience OR equivalent experience.
- Understanding of general marketing campaign principles and technologies.
- Highly organised, with strong planning and project management skills, being able to build timelines and back into dates and identify dependencies to keep the plan in motion.
- Great communicator with interpersonal skills who can easily network and work with many internal and external stakeholders in addition.
- Dexterity to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and collaborating across teams are crucial to success.
- Proven success in working independently and having excellent time management skills.
- Willing to travel for events globally.
- Knowledge and experience with blockchain events is a plus.
About working for us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
Something looks off?