Senior Business Development Manager
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the team:
Within Parity, the Ecosystem and Business Development team is charged with the growth of the Polkadot ecosystem by attracting teams to build in the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem. As an important member of one of Parity's BD teams, you will contribute to our Go-To-Market Strategy which targets various segments of the Web3 ecosystem and you will enact this strategy via strategic outbound campaigns, nurturing inbound leads, and managing complex engagements.
We are looking for a talented individual with the right mix of commercial acumen, business development experience, strategic thinking, familiarity and passion for Web3, and all of this underpinned by the right attitude.
About the position:
- Drive Growth Activities - Help us build our growth engine by responding to inbound leads, driving strategic outbound activities, and over time, helping us refine our approach. Help us become the best growth team in Web3.
- Lead Engagements - drive commercial engagements by being the opportunity owner who can bring momentum to an engagement, driving the qualification and discovery process and involving other supporting resources in the deal as necessary.
- Team GTM Strategy - Be a valuable voice and provide support to the Ecosystem Growth Director and Vertical Leads in the creation of our Go-to-Market strategy for various segments and verticals i.e. where we focus, how we win.
- Communication: Help the teams we engage with understand Polkadot and Substrate by simplifying complex concepts and communicating clearly.
- Cross Functional Collaboration- Drive cross-functional collaboration opportunities with Top-of-Funnel teams e.g. Marcomms, Events, Developer Relations.
- Public Voice - Step into the limelight at conferences, events and appear in media such as podcasts and videos to convey the current state of the Polkadot ecosystem and why teams should work with us.
- Business Development Expertise- You’ll be a key member of the Growth Team and your business development expertise will help us uplevel our team and help us become the best Growth Team in Web3.
- Familiarity with Web3- You understand key Web3 concepts and are familiar with the main players in the space including but not limited to Ethereum, Solana, Avalanche, BSC, Polkadot, Cosmos, and Polygon. Whilst Business Development experience in the Web3 space would be an advantage, it is not a requirement.
- Clarity - You are an excellent communicator across both verbal and written channels in English and can help simplify complex concepts into a compelling narrative.
- Ambiguity is a Superpower -You enjoy working in a high-growth environment where change is constant with the ability to execute multiple projects across different lines of business with little guidance
- 'Let's Do This Attitude' - We will succeed or fail as a team and you are a crucial ingredient in our success. Let's all succeed together by supporting each other and running towards the challenges as a team.
- Willingness to Travel - Between company retreats, business opportunities, and events, you will be travelling a reasonable amount e.g. once a month.
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Something looks off?