Director of Ecosystem Engagement & Success, Product Engineering
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
With a remote-first, global team, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
People in our collective are:
- Highly motivated to contribute to Parity’s mission and be part of something bigger
- Excited to work on projects that are groundbreaking and complex
- Autonomous workers that self-initiate, but also collaborate well with others
- Taking maximum accountability and having minimum ego at work
- Comfortable with chaos and adapting to the ever-changing Web3 space
- Continuously educating themselves about Parity and the wider ecosystem
About the team:
We are looking for a strong technical and people leader to lead the newly formed Ecosystem Engagement team in Parity's Product Engineering organisation.
In this role, you will lead a multi-disciplined team of ecosystem success managers, developer relationship engineers, community builders and program managers. You will work cross-functionally in Parity and across Polkadot's ecosystem to understand ecosystem needs, guide product and solution development and advocate our technologies to drive adoption. You'll also be responsible for investing in the team’s development and success, building a high performing, effective, and collaborative team.
About the position:
- Understand and assess the key product and solutioning needs from our ecosystem.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to help define and deliver our roadmap to enable strong builder experience and adoption.
- Represent and advocate for our technologies and solutions to drive adoption and growth. Build a passionate and engaged Polkadot developer community.
- Lead, coach and motivate a diverse set of technical professionals to work together towards strategic goals, while prioritising the delivery of an outstanding customer experience for our ecosystem builders.
- 10+ years of experience working with developers, in engineering or product management.
- 5+ years of experience managing technical teams, with a strong track record of building and growing high performing teams with a positive culture. Experience of managing remote/hybrid, global teams is preferred.
- Strong track record of driving alignment across senior stakeholders.
- Experience developing strategy in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences, engaging executive-level stakeholders is preferred.
- Knowledge of blockchain technology, Web3 industry, and/or Polkadot ecosystem is preferred.
About working for us:
- Competitive remuneration packages based on iterative market research, including tokens (where legally possible)
- “Future of work” environment that’s remote-first and self-initiating with flexible hours
- Team mates that are genuinely excited about their impact and projects
- Access to the brightest minds in this space to learn about Web3 and develop your skills and knowledge while on the job
- Becoming part of the wider ecosystem (career and networking opportunities)
- Team and company-wide retreats
- Work laptop
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal (with visa sponsorship)
Those joining our collective as an employee in Germany, Portugal, and the U.K. also enjoy benefits such as health care, parental leave, PTO (28 days per year), local team events, yearly L&D budget, and language classes.
Parity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome diversity in our global team and care about everyone in our collective feeling included and welcome.
View our Applicant Notice to see how we use your data.
Is this position not quite your match? Browse our other open roles.