Economics Analyst, Republic Crypto
Republic is a global financial technology company that allows anyone to invest in anything, anywhere. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
Republic Crypto is accelerating the growth of Web3 by supporting its most ambitious builders and investors. We’re looking for an Economics Associate to join the Republic Crypto Advisory Service team to help support client-facing economic design and implementation.
What you'll do
- Report regularly to enterprise clients regarding education in Web 3 topics, mainly focused in economics and the deliverables of the economics team
- Set expectations, deadlines, and coordinate the initiation, execution, submission, and iteration of deliverables from the Economics Team
- Support economics leadership in developing and creating theoretical, financial, and visual models of network, protocol, and game economies
- Support economics leadership in the analysis of token utility testing, and iteration on token utility hypotheses
- Work closely with Research Associate to dissect and critique competing economic models in the industry
- Attend and participate in client economics meetings, tracking their needs from the team and driving timelines for deliverable execution
Our ideal candidate
- 1-2 years experience in consulting for large enterprises or equivalent experience
- Ability to distill complex system designs and economic models into fundamental components and modules
- Persistent curiosity and creativity to develop mechanism designs that allow for widely varied and novel Web 3 products to implement features that maximize token utilities
- Ability to verbally and effectively articulate economic frameworks, experimental methodologies, and monetary/fiscal policy to clients who are not intimately familiar either economics or Web3 vocabularies
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related field, or demonstrated track record of building, analyzing, and broad understanding existing economic literature
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, OneMedical, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly fitness stipend up to $100, weekly catered lunch, a learning and development stipend, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.
Currently, the estimated base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $95,000. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level, location and qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V